Sonos SUB Wireless Subwoofer (GEN2) - Black
Everything sounds better with SUB.
When you pair a SUB with any Sonos speaker, you’ll hear parts of your music that you wouldn’t hear otherwise. That’s because SUB does all the heavy lifting required to deliver the lowest frequencies, leaving the other speakers to focus on perfecting the mid and high-range frequencies. You won’t just hear the difference. You’ll feel it.
Feel the bass.
Bass is all about moving air. The more you move, the more bass you hear. SUB delivers amazing amounts of highly-detailed, dynamic bass by using a surprisingly strong pair of woofers to move air. We also designed SUB with an opening in the middle to move even more air out of the enclosure.
All in the family.
SUB works with any amplified Sonos speaker or component. Add bigger boom to your home cinema by pairing with PLAYBAR. Bring out the bass in your favourite tunes streaming on your PLAY:1, PLAY:3, PLAY:5, or the speakers you’ve connected to your CONNECT:AMP.
The problem with moving all that air to create bass is it makes most subwoofers shake, rattle, and roll. But not with SUB. We positioned the drivers on opposite sides of the enclosure, face to face, to cancel out the force of all that vibration. Deep, delicious bass is all you’ll hear.
Quite a looker.
Most subwoofers are big black boxes without an ounce of personality or design integrity. Which is why they’re usually hidden away in a corner. Everything with SUB, right down to its unique “O” shape, is designed to maximise sound quality and look beautiful in your home.
Front and centre, or out of sight.
Stand it tall or lay it flat. You can even hide it under the couch if you’d like. Either way, SUB brings out the bottomless bass you desire. SUB is equipped with rubber feet to prevent scratches and comes with additional felt feet if you want to lay it flat.
One app. Complete music control.
The Sonos app helps you quickly search through all your services to track down your favourite music, play it and adjust the volume in different rooms throughout the home. You don’t even have to be in the same room as a speaker. And if your friends have the Sonos app, they can do the same.
Over 30 music streaming services available.
Sonos plays everything: the most popular streaming services, on-demand services, internet radio, your favourite podcasts and audiobooks, your go-to collection of downloads—whatever you love to listen to.
- Two Class-D digital amplifiers perfectly tuned to match the two dedicated speaker drivers and the acoustic architecture.
- Two force-cancelling speaker drivers positioned face-to-face for deeper, richer sound and zero cabinet buzz or rattle.
- Dual acoustic ports carefully tuned to enhance SUB performance.
- Frequency response: Plays down to 25 Hz.
- Automatic equalisation. Audio settings adjust to perfectly balance SUB and the paired Sonos speaker or component to optimise sound quality.
- Adjustable volume controls let you customise your sound.
- Dimensions - H x W x D: 15.3 x 15.8 x 6.2 in. (389 x 402 x 158 mm).
- Weight: 36.3 lbs. (16 kg).
- Product finish: Premium white gloss; premium black gloss.
- Side panel buttons & lights: Join household button
- LED indicates SUB status.
Power & Networking
- Power supply: Auto-switching 100-240 V, 50-60 Hz AC universal input.
- WiFi, not Bluetooth: Connects to your home WiFi network with any 802.11b/g, 2.4 GHz broadcast-capable router for uninterrupted wireless streaming.
- Ethernet port: One 10/100 Mbps Ethernet port provides the option to connect SUB to a wired home network.
- Sonos SUB, power cord, Sonos QuickStart Guide, and Legal/Warranty information.
|Digital Optical Inputs||0|
|Main Speaker Weight (KG)||16.00|